What is Sports Psychology?
Sports Psychology is the use of psychological knowledge and skills to encourage optimal performance and well-being of athletes. It also addresses the developmental, social, and systemic components of sports and the organizations, coaches, and players involved.
How do you know if you need one?
- Is your performance suffering?
- Do you have negative thoughts about your skills or mental toughness?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with balancing life and sport?
- Do you lose focus easily or struggle to cope with pressure?
Or… Are you…
- Looking to develop your mental skills?
- Improve your grit and self-confidence?
- Enhance your optimal performance level?
- Increase your concentration and ability to deal with adversity?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these then a sports therapist is for you! We help both struggling athletes to improve and successful athletes to increase their performance by utilizing psychological techniques and proficiencies. Whole Health Psychological Center’s Intern Lauren Clem specializes in Sports Psychology!
Here are a few links about Sports Psychology and therapists and their impact on athletes of all ages: